Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers


It's nice to be home again for a few days, and be able to make something with some ribbon!  Can you believe with all the stamping stuff that I packed to take away with me that I actually forgot to pack ribbon?  That's like forgetting to pack your toothbrush or something...in fact I think it is worse because at least you can buy another toothbrush when you get there.....

The card I am sharing with you today is a sympathy card using the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set.  I have to admit that this is the first time this stamp set has seen ink.  Oops!  Better late than never!  I just had to have it when I saw what everyone else was making with it, but then just never got around to doing anything with it.  Now that I have started though, I think it is going to get a pretty good workout!  The flowers are so elegant, it really is perfect for a sympathy card.  I don't actually need a sympathy card at the moment...touch wood...but it doesn't ever hurt to have one in your card stash just in case.

Thanks for looking,
Purple Signature
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers
Cardstock:  Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
Accessories:  Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Crafter's Tool Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

1 comment:

Tanya Kito said...

Oh & it is a lovely sympathy card Mel. Not totally sure of the colours....hmmm purple, just one I have so much trouble working with, but it is truly a colour I don't like irl either :)
Thanks for the inspiration hun
Hugs Tan xox