Monday, January 4, 2010

Party Hearty


I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!  We spent a very quiet night at home...which wasn't what was planned, but it was lovely anyway.  We had been planning to head down to Portarlington to see the fireworks and take Dylan on some of the rides that they had at their fair, but after a sweltering day the weather turned nasty very quickly, and the rain, thunder and lightning soon convinced us that we would be spending the night at home instead!  Mick and Dylan were both in bed before midnight, so I saw the new year in with some fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators on our private chat site over at NING.  It was lovely to celebrate with the girls who made it to 2010 first over in New Zealand!  We then celebrated again when those of us on the east coast made it to 2010!  I did debate staying up long enough to see 2010 arrive on the west coast of Oz....but just couldn't quite hang out that extra 2 hours!  So for a very quiet New Year's Eve, I had a fantastic evening!

So today I am sharing the birthday card I have made for my nephew who is turning 3 later this week.  I have used the Party Hearty stamp set, which is great for making masculine birthday cards.  My colour scheme was taken from the Washington Apple Designer Series Paper, even though I didn't end up actually using any designer paper.  I quite like how the 3 party hats come out!

Thanks for looking,
Purple Signature
Stamps:  Party Hearty, On Your Birthday
Cardstock:  Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Inks:  Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories:  Stampin' Dimensionals, 2 way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds

2 comments:

Tanya Kitto said...

Mel, I love this card, love the colours :) :)
New Years was great wasnt it?! Nice to sit & chat even though we are on opposites sides of Oz :)
I did see it in, while blogging & stamping.
Hope you are enjoying life atm
Hugs...Tan xox

Karen said...

Mel, I'm with Tany - LOVE the colours!! You do absolutely beautiful work!

I didn't see the new year in - I went to bed like a nanna! lol

Karen
x