Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Very Special Thank You

Stampin' Up Demonstrators are the most amazing people you will ever meet!  4 wonderful women, who I have never personally met, sent me cards earlier in the year to donate to the Very Special Kids "A Fair to Remember".  The fair was held on the 21st of November this year, and $114,000 was raised!

Very Special Kids is a respite hospice located in Mulvern Victoria, who support families with severely disabled and/or sick children.  They have provided us not only with respite, but with so much emotional support, and - most importantly - the opportunity to meet other families who are in similar situations as us.  I owe my very sanity to Very Special Kids, and would like to pass a heartfelt thank you to Tanya Kitto, Karen Thomas, Sarah Klass and Chris Parker-Barnes who donated their gorgeous cards to  help raise money for Very Special Kids to continue doing the wonderful work they do.

Last week I finally popped a present in the post for each of these wonderful ladies, so I am hoping that they have arrived now.  I made them a Choc Top Box each with a matching card using the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set, and also popped in the book "Very Special - Minor Miracles in Melbourne" which is the story of Sister Margaret Noone and Very Special Kids.  I hope they know how much I appreciate their generosity.

Happy Stampin'
Mel

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey there Mel! So glad you popped a picci up of our wonderful pressie - they were gorgeous! I really did appreciate your little gift, but I'd do it all again for you in a heartbeat! It's a fantastic cause and I can't wait to sit down and get my nose into that book!

Karen
x