Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

My first Christmas card for the year has finally been made!  I actually did sign up for the Christmas Card Challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers again this year.....after my dismal effort last year I was pretty determined to do better this year.....but with moving house and whatever other excuses that sound great but can't be thought of right now, it just hasn't happened.  I will start soon......I hope!

Anyways, on to my card:


Excuse the photography....I have taken about 45 photos of this one, but just couldn't seem to get it right.  Anyways, I used the colour combination of Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla, which was the colour challenge over at Just Add Ink last week, but of course I am too late to enter.  I also used last week's sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping.  

It seems I just can't make a card now without doing the inside too:


That would have to be my fave sentiment from Many Merry Messages!  

Thanks for stopping by,
Signature Not Quite Navy 2011
Stamps:  Word Play, Many Merry Messages
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Jolly Holiday DSP
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Circle Scissors, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: