Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Stockings


How gorgeous are these Christmas Stockings?  The tutorial for these was posted over at UStamp a couple of days ago, and I just had to make some!  They are made using a single 12" x 12" sheet of designer paper, and fit a gift card perfectly inside!  Now I just have to find the time to go shopping to buy the gift cards!

Here's a close up of the one I made for my sister-in-law Lori (who wont have time to check out my blog with her new baby boy!!).  I think she will love it!  I used some of the designer paper from the I Wish Simply Scrappin Kit, and teamed it with the 1" double stitched Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon.  It matches perfectly!  The green one is for my brother and his wife, and the stripy one for our special carer and her daughter, who look after Dylan about once a fortnight for an afternoon.....and who we really couldn't live without!!!  I used the large snowflake from Snow Swirled to stamp the tags, and the To From stamp is from A Holly Jolly Christmas.

I have been busy making some tag portfolios, which I am hoping to finish tomorrow morning so that I can share them with you.  The fabulous Andrea Walford posted a tutorial for subscribers to her 12 weeks of Christmas emails,  which is fantastic!  I am almost finished making my fifth set, but it's getting late, and I have had two late nights up stamping already, and a third just isn't going to happen!  DH already thinks I am crazy for sitting up til 2am stamping.....but that seems to be the best time for creativity!

Happy Stampin'
Mel

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Hi Mel, your stockings are adorable! Merry Christmas, Leonie

Karen said...

Ohhhhh how gorgeous Mel and a such a novel idea! I didnt join this round, so gosh I'm sad I missed this!! Sigh!

Luv Karen
x